Cooked up while listening to Ellie Goulding’s “Army”
Hey all! The Super Bowl is finally here and the Panthers faced the Broncos and…the Broncos won! Your friends may have been rooting for opposite teams but one thing we can all agree on is the food. Super Bowl gatherings are famous for having amazing food, it’s one of my highlights 😉
Whether you’re hosting next year’s party or bringing a dish to a friend’s party, these turkey meatballs are sure to be a hit. They’re easy to make, healthy, relatively inexpensive, and so darn cute!
I put steel cut oatmeal into a blender and used it to bind my meatballs together. It’s a great breadcrumbs substitute if you’re gluten free;)
Ingredients for 15 medium-sized meatballs:
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. Steel Cut Oats, grind in food processor or Magic Bullet
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, cubed
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- 1 tbsp. Organic Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Prep a baking sheet with some nonstick cooking spray (I used coconut nonstick spray) and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl place all of the ingredients and lightly mash with a fork.
- Shape the mixture into small ovals that resemble football and place in over for 35-45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! May the best team win 😀
I shaped the meatballs into little ovals to resemble footballs and topped them with (neutral) football themed cutouts 😀