The meaning of Life has been made clear to all of us almost too often…One day we are alive, the next we are gone. “We are just like grass, and all our glory is like wild flowers. The grass withers and the flowers fall.” We have been endowed with such a priceless gift, how you live your life is your business. I don’t believe in YOLO because in my next life I am coming back as Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel aka Coco.
1. Live in a foreign country for six months… that way I get to immerse myself in culture, act all touristy, meet new people and probably get citizenship in that country.
2. Live in New York City. I know it’s so cliché but that’s because it’s an amazing city. I was 12 years old when I first visited New York. At that age we know very little about what we want, but New York defies age! I just want to get lost in the city, be part of the big crowd, buy cheap designer clothes and rent bags so I can write an autobiography on how I survived in the big apple.
3. Dance Classes in pole dancing, Salsa, Ballroom, hip-hop, African fusion…I considered ballet but I think my bones are too old to stretch further than 60 degrees, at most!
4. Skinny Dippin’… as they say “bare as you dare”
5. Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. I have personal reservations on Brazil due to its depiction in movies but I love looking at Carnival Pictures and videos. The clothes, MUSIC, accessories and just being part of a large crowd where shoving of people is legally authorised. WHO WOULDN’T LOVE THAT?
6. Road trip with my closest friends to an Island…All paid vacation because I am a lover of all things good.
7. Fall in love and be cheesy and romantic. I actually do want to ride a tandem bike, slow dance in the moonlight, have the big fights, butterflies and rainbows… and in the background have John Legend’s P.D.A (we just don’t care).
(Wonder what the title of this movie would be?)
8. Hello Ellen Degeneres…I think she is so cool, I’ve practiced her dance moves and am sure WHEN we meet, she’s going to love me.
9. My friend introduced me to Andrea Bocelli’s ‘the prayer’ song, and I fell in love with his music. When Celine Dion introduced him, she made it sound like he had died, turns out he was going to sing via satellite. Oh well, I’d love to meet him. He’ll sing on my children’s baptism. Please stay alive.
10. Meet the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Cast…
11. Mariah Carey to sing at my wedding (if I have one)
12. Become a better public speaker… I fear I might talk more than I usually do.
Get into Harvard…make friends with someone who has gone to Harvard.
14. Have a street named after me..NO.. have a town named after me.:-)
15. Make a difference in one person’s life every week.
16. Live in a 5 star Hotel for at least one year. I love everything hotels,the white sheets and towels, the
general fresh smell, people are so cordial.
17. Get my sister to write and publish a cook book. She is turning 14 years of age. She is such an amazing cook.
18. EXPERIENCE BLISS
19. Visit India because everyone visits India. *light bulb moment* I can take part in conversations whose focus is on India, not only will I sound smart, I’ll be looked at as the adventurous type!
20. Get the courage to confront people… I’m so timid, I don’t like to upset anyone so I do what the reasonable coward does…I take the blame like Akon.
I have over 50 things to get done on my bucket list, 30 of them are highly unrealistic so I will probably leave it in a will and maliciously impose it on someone. 😀