Lorde – Team
Lorde – Tennis court
Lorde – Buzzcut season
Zedd ft Hayley Williams – Stay the night
Jessie J – Thunder
HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVERS… 🙂 I cannot believe it’s been almost two years of breakthrough. Where does time go? I know it’s only just January but who feels like we are half way through the year? So much to do, so little time. Who has made resolutions for the new year? Anyone? Well, I haven’t made resolutions this year because I want to be able to allow myself to dream into the year. I want to be able to adjust to whatever the year brings without feeling bad about not attaining my set goals.
‘While resolutions are about “shoulds,” dreaming is about hope — and who we may become.’ (Whitney Johnson) I am a sucker for hope so I automatically believe in dreaming. I challenge us this year to concentrate our efforts on what we hope for and noton what we shouldn’t do. I want you to FIGHT for your life.
I was listening to mama Joyce podcast and she taught these 6 things we should do on purpose in our lives. You know me, I am not one to sit on great advice especially if it’s going to help us live this life to the fullest. I mean, who doesn’t want to be happy? I am yet to meet a person who hates happiness.
Things to do on purpose this year
1. Stay busy blessing anyone and anything you can bless. Wake up in the morning and bless your day, bless your parents, bless your work place, bless yourself while you’re at it. If you like to play like I do, you can pretend that you are a blessing machine. (you’re welcome for that play tip * wink *) By speaking life into your own life, you’re able to overturn the negative confessions made by others on your life.
2.Be thankful and SAY SO. We need to actually open our mouths and say what we are grateful for. Do not assume that people know how you feel about them. Don’t expect telepathy to work all the time. Don’t say ‘oh God knows I am thankful’, sure He knows, but do YOU know that YOU are thankful? Tell people you are thankful for them, tell God you are thankful for His blessings.
3. Edify, encourage and build up other people. We live in a world where discouragement is served like Gru’s hot pancakes. Let us say something to someone to cheer them up, to lift discouraged people up. Make that commitment to be that person everyone comes to for encouragement because you can’t help but speak excellent things to those around you.
4. Tell the truth and tell it in love. Check your motive behind telling the truth, if your motive is malicious, I would suggest you check yourself…and check yourself thoroughly.
5. Speak the word of God to your situation. The year has only began, and we don’t know what the months ahead bring. Despite the uncertainty we know we can be prepared for anything. You have ALL the power and authority to overcome so much. Do not be afraid of the unknown, instead rely on God’s promises for your life.
6. Do not talk too much. Be quiet.You do not have to let your opinion known every single time. (oh oh…I so need this one) Be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger.
You know those people who are experts in self depression? Yeah, stay away from them. You know why? They are the perfect recipe for contagious depression.
I really want you to ponder on this deeply. How do you talk to yourself about yourself? The way we talk to ourselves is very important and we need to pay attention to that. I don’t know how strongly I can emphasize this. Do not say nasty, awful, self deprecating things to yourself because you simply cannot rise above your own confession. You need to completely destroy all rooms occupied by negativity.
Be very careful almost like applying CIA standards on who you let into your inner circle. I don’t mean you can’t associate with negative people, you can, but you cannot allow them to “turn you”. Let your positivity draw them to desire what you have. You must protect yourself from negativity or you may easily find yourself in the dark rooms of depression. If you are one of those people whose superpower is negativity, I urge you to try out positivity.
Tell yourself you are beautiful, you are handsome, you’re a hard worker, you’re favoured, you’re kind, you’re intelligent, you’re a giver, you’re great to be around, you’re the head not the tail above not beneath. etc. It is amazing what can happen when we say things and do things on purpose. Fight for your life!
I love Lady Violet Crawley’s positivity in Downton Abbey…it really is such an admirable trait, ‘I take everything as a compliment, it saves many an awkward moment.’