It will be 3 years on June 30th, 2016 since I wrote my bucket list. I thought it would be a fun idea to check my progress. How much have you checked off on your list?
1. Live in a foreign country for six months… DONE
- Hello America! except it’s been more than six months
2. Live in New York City. I know it’s so cliché but that’s because it’s an amazing city. I was 12 years old when I first visited New York. DONE
- When I think of how much New York has changed me, I know it was fate. We were meant to be. A time is coming when I shall miss her.
3. Dance Classes in pole dancing, Salsa, Ballroom, hip-hop, African fusion. NOT EVEN CLOSE!
- I hope I will get to that soon. At least I have done African Fusion.
4. Skinny Dippin’… as they say “bare as you dare” – NOT DONE
- That will be the day!
5. Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. I NEED A SPONSOR
- Although going to Senegal has quickly replaced Rio…I don’t know…I don’t know.
6. Road trip with my closest friends to an Island…All paid vacation. WAKE ME UP SOMEONE!
- Actually I think this can happen. Ssese Island seems more reasonable.
7. Fall in love and be cheesy and romantic. LOL
- la la la la…
8. Hello Ellen Degeneres…WHEN we meet, she’s going to love me. SO CLOSE
- We made this basket for Ellen, apparently (relying on our inside source) she got it. I am just waiting for her to call me. I think this is progress.
9. My friend introduced me to Andrea Bocelli’s ‘the prayer’ song, and I fell in love with his music…He’ll sing on my children’s baptism. Please stay alive. STILL NO CHILDREN
- Please Andrea, stay alive and I too need to stay alive
10. Meet the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Cast… REVERIE MUCH?
- Does it count that I have been to Central Park, Barneys, Pottery Barn, eaten falafels and done some F.R.I.E.N.D.S-Like things?
11. Mariah Carey to sing at my wedding (if I have one) – TIMES ARE HARD
- Things aren’t looking up
12. Become a better public speaker. DEFS IMPROVED!
- Sort of proud of myself, I am now looking into taking public speaking classes but I am doing better than 2012.
13. Get into Harvard…make friends with someone who has gone to Harvard. ALMOST
- I think this might be soon. Forever the optimist.
14. Have a street named after me..NO.. have a town named after me.:-) – AM NOT DRUNK
- Really, I’m not drunk.
15. Make a difference in one person’s life every week. DIDN’T KEEP A RECORD
- I think I have tried. I make sure to be as pleasant as I possibly can to whoever I meet. I think pleasantness is enough to make a difference in someone’s life. It’s tough out here.
16. Live in a 5 star Hotel for at least one year. SUGAR DADDY? SMH
- Does a 4.6 star hotel count? If yes. does a week count? Always the negotiator.
17. Get my sister to write and publish a cook book. She is turning 14 years of age. NOT YET
- She’s almost 18 in a few months, but I am still very hopeful and pushing for this. You’ll thank me later. Sisager! (sister-manager)
18. EXPERIENCE BLISS – YES
- More often than I thought I would. I guess it comes with growing a bit and allowing yourself to free fall every so often.
19. Visit India – SOON
- Now that I am well onto the lingual care of Bollywood, I think I am preparing well. Cannot wait!
20. Get the courage to confront people… I’m so timid. ISH
- Hmm…I think it has got better. I can think of three people I have successfully confronted only because I had no choice. I think we are doing well but if I can avoid it, I will always opt for that.
Score: 4 1/2 out of 20? Let’s check back in three years. Shall we?