Today is my birthday! I honestly am those people who look forward to their birthdays to do self assessment. I mean, I have been given an entire year so what have I done with that year? Do you self assess too? Anyway this year I gifted myself curtains and with that gift my bank account has shut down for this month. What a way to enter my big age! Pish posh such is life…moving on ever so swiftly.
Today’s a fun post on all the things I am learning and have learnt over these many years and I hope it will be a relatable easy good read for your day.
1. Prayer – prayer is one of those things that I cannot CANNOT live without. Over the past three years I have learnt this one thing that has completely changed the trajectory of my life. No one will pray for you as hard as yourself. Maybe your mother but that’s not always a given. You are the only one who understands your need, your desperation, your desires, your dreams and if you leave your prayer life in the hands of others it’s not going to amount to much. Yes, praying for each other is great, it supplements our individual efforts but you, fighting for yourself, giving thanks for yourself, praising for yourself, getting on those knees for yourself will completely change your life. I can guarantee it.
2. Mindset – Whatever you believe you can do, you can. Whatever you believe you cannot do, you cannot. You are the only one who can set limits for yourself.
3. Living peacefully – Romans 12:17-18, “Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.” If you’ve lived long enough you know that human relationships are complex. We bicker, we betray, we hate, we gossip etc and we’ve all hurt someone’s feelings intentionally and unintentionally. Whenever sense comes back to you after your anger has subsided, forgive those who have hurt you and ask for forgiveness. Be a reconciler, things don’t have to go back to the way they were but you should be able to sit comfortably under the same roof without evil thoughts going through your mind.
4. Do not waste money on cheap bedsheets with terrible quality. You will add that to the list of things you regret purchasing right under those painfully uncomfortable boots you got from Next.
5. BE KIND ALWAYS. This you must build your life on.
6. Don’t cower in the face of injustice. If you find something you believe in and convictions are running high, do not ignore but actively participate in that cause.
7. Pay back your debts.
8. Invest in quality friendships. People are always making excuses for terrible communication, for forgetting your birthdays, for not texting, for not liking that picture you posted where you looked so bomb yet they literally liked a cat’s paw. listen, people make time for what matters to them. I truly believe that. This laziness in relationships is not what we signed up for. Call me Drake because I am in my feelings.
9. Let people know how you really feel.
10. Put money aside for your retirement. We should have started doing this at 22 years although personally I still struggle with this because poor planning, I hope to get better at it.
11. Go to the gym. There’s no excuse. Remember, whatever you set your mind to you can achieve.
12. Invest in great underwear.
13. Invest in great sleepwear.
14. Invest in a great closet, the way you dress and carry yourself will open doors for you plus at the airport when your bag is slightly overweight they’ll let it slide because you look like a reasonable person.
15. Travel as far as you can. Traveling builds compassion and opens your mind to a world of possibilities.
16. Call back people when you find missed calls from them.
17. Call your grandparents and tell them you love them.
18. Be patient with your parents. Sometimes it’s incredibly hard but be patient with them.
19 Be patient with yourself.
20. Have compassion for people. One of my favorite aunties Christine Caine preached about compassion and I was challenged. Compassion moves you to act, to do something about a situation. Compassion doesn’t end at feeling sorry for someone and then swiftly moving on.
21. What are you waiting for? Write that book, open that shop, get on with that youtube channel. No one is going to make your dreams come true. Follow through with your dreams.
22. Have a good conscience – “If all the world hated you and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved of you and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends.”
23. Read books, read magazines, read blogs, just read and fill yourself with knowledge.
24. Don’t be afraid to recreate yourself over the years. You owe yourself growth.
25. It is always champagne.
26. When it’s time for work, give it your all. When it’s time for rest, give it your all.
27. Celebrate people.
28. When you do decide to leave your house for a gathering, leave your bad attitude behind. If you’re going to have bad manners, it’s best to remain in your house.
29. You are loved. Deeply loved.
I also would like to thank everyone who has subscribed to my blog. Trusting me with your time and your inboxes means a lot to me. I do not take your support for granted. I did say on my instagram that I wish I could give each one of you something tangible to show my appreciation but that’s not possible yet. But I do have a gift for one OG subscriber that will be announced on the gram. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.